Welcome to The Oakwood Schools Foundation Grants Program page.
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS (11/15/17 – 01/15/18)
COMMON GRANT APPLICATION FORM
Through the Grants program the Oakwood Schools Foundation seeks to fund projects that create additional learning opportunities for our students that extend above and beyond the Oakwood School District’s normal operating budget. Each Fall and Spring we open the Grants application process and invite our school faculty (primarily teachers) to develop and submit a project. Since 1991, The Oakwood Schools Foundation has awarded nearly $800,000 in grants funding that have made a positive impacted with every academic discipline, grade level and school in our district. When writing and submitting a grant we encourage authors to focus on promoting key characteristics when developing their projects.
Key Grant Characteristics
- Complement and support the goals of the Oakwood City Schools
- Demonstrate innovative thinking and promote cooperative learning
- Have a direct and immediate impact on the largest amount of students
- Yield materials/durable goods that can benefit future students
- Be self-sustaining once the initial funding is in place