More about our Scholarships
Each spring, The Oakwood Schools Foundation awards more than $20,000 in scholarships to graduating seniors. With increasing costs for higher education, The Oakwood Schools Foundation’s scholarships mean more now than ever to these recipients.
Thanks to the generosity of the individuals and families who established these scholarships and to the donors who contribute toward these funds each year, Oakwood’s college-bound students appreciate this support for their continuing education.
If you have questions or would like information on how to set up a scholarship, please contact the Foundation at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-297-5332.
CLASS OF 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS
Visit Scholarship Connect on the Dayton Foundation website to review a full list of scholarships available to members of the OHS Class of 2022
The deadline is March 4 2022 for all OSF scholarships. Do NOT wait until the day before the deadline to begin the application. You will be required to upload a transcript, so please request a .pdf version from OHS Guidance.
You will want to inform the teacher (or other recommender) you have identified as a reference so they can be on the lookout for an email from Dayton Foundation.
If you have questions about the process, please email email@example.com or call Michelle Brown at 937-225-9965 or Jessica Schreiber at 937-225-9953. The Dayton Foundation office number is 937-222-0410. Information can also be found on Instagram @daytonfoundation_scholarships
- Janet Bourne Memorial Scholarship. Awards involvement in community service and leadership skills.
- 2022 Recipient: Kate Swedlund
- David R. Collins, OHS Class of 1950, Scholarship. Awards excellence and/or outstanding achievement in English, creative writing, or speech and drama skills.
- 2022 Recipient: Caterina Tian-Svobodny
- Comeback Award. Honors a senior who shows strength, courage, character, and integrity in overcoming adversity in his/her life.
- 2022 Recipients: Elizabeth Clock & Heng Li
- Robert L. Davidson Scholarship. Recognizes present and potential ability as a creative writer.
- 2022 Recipient: Moss LaFountain
- Dr. Robert W. Gaines, Jr., OHS ’60, Young Men’s Golf Award. Recognizes a senior golfer who demonstrates good sportsmanship, consideration for others, academic achievement, leadership and community service.
- 2022 Recipient: R.J. Plunkett
- Honorable Elizabeth Simms Gutmann Public Service Scholarship. Honors a student who has been involved in community service and plans to pursue a degree in a public service field.
- 2022 Recipient: Hannah Hutchinson
- Scott Harman Memorial Scholarship. Honors a student who lives life with enthusiasm and has a positive impact on others.
- 2022 Recipient: Jackson Epley
- Kevin Lauterbach Memorial Scholarship. Honors a student who plans to be a lifetime learner/practitioner in the field of fine art.
- 2022 Recipient: Sophia Parillo
- Oakwood Centennial Scholarship. Honors a student who distinguishes herself/himself during high school years. Dependents of OSF Board members are ineligible.
- 2022 Recipients: Ceily Addison & Becker Kash
- Rader-Drummer Family Scholarship. Honors a student who plans to major in architecture or English literature.
- 2019 Recipient: Ben Aidt
- Howard Sales Memorial Scholarship. Recognizes Leadership, Integrity, and Character for a high school athlete planning to play a sport in college.
- 2022 Recipients: Rebecca Blumer, Abigail Kraft, Emily Lloyd, Mallory Morgan, Cade Zonin
- Leslie Ann Simms Nagel Creative Writing Scholarship. Honors a student who plants to be a lifetime learning and practitioner in the fine arts field.
- 2022 Recipient: Hannah Hutchinson
- Randy Neff Memorial Scholarship. Honors a student who inspires others and plants to major in education or math, with preference given to students aspiring to teach math and coach a sport.
- 2022 Recipient: John Ruetschle
- Thomas Neff Memorial Scholarship. Recognizes a student who is a team player and displays a strong work ethic, solid values, and maintains good grades through hard work and dedication.
- 2022 Recipient: Cade Zonin
- Barbara Nichols O’Hara Scholarship. Recognizes an outstanding female athlete, good citizen and student.
- 2022 Recipients: Grace Hartman & Sadie Knostman
- Susan Herman GLOW Scholarship. Recognizes Grade point, Leadership, Outstanding character, Work ethic for a female planning to pursue a degree in a technical field (i.e. engineering) or the sciences.
- 2022 Recipients: Zimin Qian & Tess Patton
- Pam and Chip Seidl Scholarship. Benefits an outstanding wrestler who meets both academic and leadership qualifications.
- 2021 Recipient: Keaton Seim
- Loran and Alberta Warner Scholarship. Awards a student who shows dedication to community service activities and has made an impact through his/her involvement.
- 2022 Recipient: Azalea Biteau
- Helen and Louis Wozar Scholarship. Recognizes a student who demonstrates an outstanding work ethic, self initiative and entrepreneurial spirit.
- 2021 Recipient: Alexa Thoma
- Guy W. Richardson MVP Senior Boys Tennis Scholarship. Recognizes an outstanding senior tennis player who demonstrates good sportsmanship, leadership and academic achievement.
- 2022 Recipient: Andrew Rich
- Guy W. Richardson MVP Senior Girls Tennis Scholarship. Recognizes an outstanding senior tennis player who demonstrates good sportsmanship, leadership and academic achievement.
- 2022 Recipient: Sarah Hall